We are aware of the fact that data privacy is a very important and sensitive topic for you.
I. Our Basic Principles1. We comply with the data protection regulations, particularly those set out in the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and the German Teleservices Act (Telemediengesetz). Strict compliance with these rules guarantees a high level of data privacy.
3. Except for a few mandatory fields (see below), you can decide yourself what kind of information other users see about you, particularly through the settings in the category “My Profile”. Your information will not be shared with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
II. Collection and Processing of Anonymous Data, Web Analytics Software1. Log file data are collected automatically on our server and stored internally in a log file that is transmitted to us via your browser. This refers to the following data:
The IP address, type and version of your browser and operating system, type of page view, server status, number of transmitted bytes, URL of the site via which you found us and the search terms you used to find us, date and time of retrieval from our website and the name of the retrieved subpages.
We collect and store such information in anonymous form, which means we cannot match it to a certain person. We collect and process this information only to evaluate it for system-related and statistical purposes.
III. Collection and Processing of Pseudonymous DataEven if you have registered as a user and have logged in, we still collect and store the data mentioned above in a pseudonymous form. This means that the information is connected only to an internal label and not to your name or other identifying features. We do not link the data to you personally or to your company. The purpose of this data collection and data processing in pseudonymous form is merely to enable us to design and improve our site and our advertising.
a) Free basic membership of private individuals:
first name, last name, sex, date of birth, email address, password
b) Free basic membership of companies:
company name, company address, telephone number, email address, password
c) Fee-based power or premium membership of private individuals:
first name, last name, sex, date of birth, email address, password, address, billing data
d) Fee-based power or premium membership of companies:
company name, company address, telephone number, email address, password, billing data
2. All other information is voluntary.
V. Sharing Personal Information1. We will not share your data with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
2. If you choose the strictest settings in the category “My Profile”, users can see only the following information:
a) Private individuals:
first name, last name, chocoFACTS, visited profiles, visited mediaPAGES
company name, company description, goods and services, location, telephone number, confirmed contacts, chocoFACTS, visited profiles, visited mediaPAGES
3. You can determine whether more than the minimum information listed above is shown. You can choose the settings in the category “My Profile” and decide whether or not to agree to a deeper connection, such as “Friendship”, to enable another user – as described above – to see more information.
2. You can prevent your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings. However, not all the functions of the website will be available to you if you do that.
VII. Use of Your Email Address1. We use your email address to send you a confirmation email after your registration and for correspondence directly related to contract fulfillment.
2. We use your email address for sending you our newsletters or other interesting offers and news only if you have given us permission to do so. You can revoke your consent at any time. You can change the appropriate settings yourself – under “Settings”.
VIII. Right to Information, Correction, Blocking, Deletion1. We will give you information on the data stored about you or your company, the origin of the data, recipients and the purpose of such storage free of charge at your request at any time. You can obtain this information by sending a request to the contact address (“contact for data privacy”) mentioned below.
2. If the legal prerequisites are met, you also have a right to correction, blocking or deletion of such data. In that case, please also get in touch with the contact for data privacy mentioned below.
X. Data Privacy ContactIf you have any questions concerning the collection, processing or use of personal data or if you want information on your stored data or want to have data corrected, blocked or deleted or if you want to revoke your consent, please do not hesitate to contact:
Jens Kramer, Uferstraße 20, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany, info(at)chocobrain(dot)com
Download as PDF